Sunday, July 21, 2013

Learning at Westminster comes to a close

After seven years, five different jobs, and nearly 300 blog posts, I am ending Learning at Westminster.  Tomorrow I start work as Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs at Barton College in Wilson, NC.

My thanks to my friends and colleagues who have read and commented on the posts that preceded this one.  And even more, my thanks to those people at Westminster and beyond, who have made my life, the lives of my family members, and Westminster College better.  My love and gratitude to all of you.

I will take up blogging again at www.garydaynes.com, with posts focused primarily on helping to build a case for small colleges that extends beyond the "small class size" and "personalized attention" arguments that are at the heart of most defenses of the small college.

Best wishes to all of you,
Gary Daynes


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Gary. I had heard through the grapevine that you might be leaving. It sounds like a great opportunity. And, North Carolina is a great place to live.

I don't know much about Barton, but from what I do know, it seems similar to Mars Hill College where I was before I came to BYU.

When you get settled and have a new email address set up, I'd love to hear from you.

Good luck with the transition.

-Bryce

Peter Ingle said...

Gary,
Thanks for all your words of wisdom, your insights and your willingness to challenge the status quo. I look forward to your new blog and sincerely hope your new position is fulfilling and fun.
Peter